Friday, October 9, 2015

Destroying a Life from the Inside Out

  You would think that sending your child to a private Christian school where half the administration is packing guns would be safe. That depends on if you know who the enemy is.

  When you turn a corner and someone is pointing a gun straight at you, the enemy is easy to determine. When the same person holsters their gun, reaches out to shake your hand with a hearty 'We are so glad you came' - you may not recognize who exactly you are meeting.

  Which is not to say I just out and out trusted them from the beginning anyway. With my childhood, you shake hands and trust after you've known the person awhile. A good long while. It took the faith of God himself to send my child to a school, any school, as it was. At least the signs at the entrance to the church telling everyone half the place was packing heat gave me some comfort. What I didn't know is that the administration themselves were the enemy to my child.

  And no - they didn't point a gun at him. What they did was actually worse. They tried to act like they were our friends, to act like Isaac's friend, then day by day by day, hours on end, they attacked his life from the inside out.

  Until the life we had built up together over a ten year period no longer existed. What did they use? Words.

  God said I Am the Word. My journalism school said the pen is mightier than the sword. Words have power. To use words to destroy my son's mind is evil. And yet again - Arkansas Christian Academy, Bryant, Arkansas can't sue me for these statements. Because it's the truth. I dare you to - just try it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for reading this blog.