Saturday, October 3, 2015

Child Abuse

  What they did to my child at Arkansas Christian Academy, Bryant, Arkansas, constitutes criminal child abuse. Period.

  So why would I, a military-trained journalist, publish that sentence? Because it's true and I can prove it.

  You see, when the military trains a journalist they don't mess around. They take a typical four-year training period, condense it down to eleven weeks and turn out real writers. With a wash-out rate exceeding 50 percent, students better pay attention during training or they will find themselves serving lunch specials in the chow hall instead.

  I learned early not to listen to other people when it comes to my writing. On an assignment worth almost half our final grade they provided a story source with a last name a mile long. Most of us got it wrong after the group interview because we were too timid to go up one by one and verify the person's last name. So we were like - yeah - how was his last name spelled? That one story almost turned me into a washout.

  So when I write something - I make sure I get it right. And yes. I know of two previous posts where something appears to be wrong. Both times I did it on purpose. For example: I know that technically Fort Greely is a post, not a base. And I don't care. I'm Air Force. Every military installation is a base to me and I'm not changing it. Also - I know that technically what I referred to earlier as Sitka National Forest Park is actually Sitka National Historical Park. But if I had used the real name and you had never been here what would you automatically picture in your mind? Probably a park in a city square with some historical markers like you see on the highways in the lower 48, or a restored local building, surrounded by picnic tables and swing-sets. But if I used a more descriptive name such as Forest Park - you immediately picture us walking through a forest. A place of beauty. A place where once you move into it more than 10 feet you are enveloped with air so fresh it restores your very soul. Technically the wrong name - in reality the true name. To have used the actual technically correct name would have bogged down and distracted from the whole original point of that particular post. So I used what described it best.

  And it's my blog. What are you going to do? Sue me? I think not. Just like Arkansas Christian Academy won't sue me. Look. Let's test it. Make it even more noticeable.

  What they did to my child at Arkansas Christian Academy, Bryant, Arkansas, constitutes criminal child abuse.


  Wait. Wait for it. What is that I hear? Is that a knock on the door from a lawyer? Nope all quiet. And they never will because they know I'm telling the truth. I will crucify them in a court of law if they even attempt to do so.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for reading this blog.