Sunday, September 27, 2015

Live Experiments

  A bug under the microscope. That perfectly describes what they are doing to my life, to Isaac's life. Apparently emboldened by the fact I hadn't sued them, Sitka Medical Center decided next to turn my life into their personal laboratory.

  The first experiment falls under the category of  'I can't prove it but I know in my heart what I am thinking is true'.

  I was walking my 100-pound 3-foot dog Sarge up the gravel hill leading to the mountain behind our house in Sitka when three kids rushed us. I had to hold a hand up and tell them to stop immediately. They supposedly wanted to pet my dog.  Ok. Let's examine this scenario. Number one, in fourteen years owning my dogs, not once has a child approached us for any reason. Why would they? Compared to the size of a child my dogs tend to be on the gargantuan end of the spectrum. The only people who ever stopped were adults driving cars who were so star struck by Babs' beauty that they just had to pause, lean out the window and comment. Yeah, Sarge never invoked that response. So I knew immediately something was up. Kids don't run at a behemoth like Sarge. Away from maybe. But never at.

  So I paused. I could feel them. Watching me again. I looked at the apartment building where the kids had come running from. Trying to hone in on where the feeling was coming from. I couldn't decide where it was originating - second floor middle window or third floor corner window facing the ocean, the direction we had come from. Both apartments had the curtains closed so I couldn't tell for sure. I finally came to the conclusion people were watching in both locations, someone to say we were coming, and another to have a better view of when the kids rushed us.

  First off, to even run an experiment like that is an insult to who I am as a person, to my character. It also told me a lot about what they thought of me and how they had already predetermined in their minds what I must be like just because of what other people had done to me as a child. What they did disgusts me on so many levels.

  Apparently, I couldn't even now leave my house without some sort of weird experiment being conducted. The next one is even weirder.

  Again, on one of our walks up the hill, construction workers were laying new tar on the flat roof of a strip mall across the street. Nothing unusual there right? Except one worker was wearing a brand new sparkling clean white long-sleeve shirt, pressed to perfection. Just like the shirt my preacher dad must have worn on Sunday mornings.

  Seriously? Yeah. That sounds like the perfect choice for that job. So I knew they wanted me to look. Though it truly was beyond stupid. So I looked. And on our way back down the hill, a dark SUV with even darker tinted windows so you couldn't tell who was driving slowly pulled right up in front of us, the back window rolled down just enough so someone could see us, but we couldn't see who they were. And again, a little hard to prove but I'm leaning towards it was them because no one wears a long-sleeve white freshly-pressed dress shirt to lay tar on a roof.

  Even the military which is infamous for conducting experiments on unsuspecting subjects, now acknowledges that doing so is unethical. Yet my whole life is being treated as no more valuable than that of a bug under a microscope.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for reading this blog.