Friday, September 11, 2015

From Des Moines St. to Guatemala City

  As a child I stood in front of the Christmas tree and told my uncle that nine family members were raping me. I handed him evidence, in hope of getting a new family for Christmas. I had not even known he was a cop until one day he came to our house in uniform. They told me at school he would help. He didn't. His name - Danny Palmer - a now retired officer of the Des Moines, Iowa police department.

  No one else would protect me, so I used the only weapon I had. My mind. I am now that child all grown-up. The military trained me to be a journalist; they gave me a voice I didn't have back then. A voice I now intend to use.

  But this story is about so much more than me. I am on a mission. A mission to get my son's life back for him.

  Our life together started Thanksgiving weekend 2005, when my husband and I flew to Guatemala City to pick up our new adopted son - Isaac. We were there for his first birthday and flew out late December as a brand-new family of 23 years.

  We were thrilled and excited about the prospects the future now held. We finally had someone else to care for and worry about besides ourselves. If we had only known how the simple act of trying to pursue happiness by adding to our family would unleash a torrent of psychological terrorism and abuse spearheaded by law enforcement and educational agencies from Alaska to Arkansas - we also would have been filled with fear.

  The details of how this all happened will unfold little by little throughout this blog. I chose the title 'So Help Me God' based on two reasons:
1. I alone stood with God as a child in that dark basement against evil no one should see. I alone stand today with God to protect my child from the evil he can't see.
2. So Help Me God is the last line in the legal oath you take when you testify with your hand on the Bible. For I tell the truth, and I can prove it beyond a shadow of doubt.

  By now it should be clear that I have no reservations about naming names/locations for the guilty.

So here's the next one.

  The actions of the staff of Arkansas Christian Academy, Bryant, Arkansas, should terrify every parent. In the less than four months that we paid this private school $500 per month for tuition and a person that masqueraded as a tutor - instead of educating my son - they stole his entire life. His past. His present. His future. Their actions make God Himself cry. They took our life that we had very carefully crafted day by day and destroyed it.

  And I'm here to get my son's life back for him.

  As a mother's undying, unconditional, always steadfast love to my son Isaac:

     You deserve the life I had you ready to soar out into - not the one they wrapped their lies around. I alone stand today with God to proclaim the truth - So Help Me God.

     To The Best Boy in the World
     I Love You More than Anything Else in the Whole Entire World

                                                                                      Love, Mommy









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for reading this blog.