Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Constitution 101

  Have you ever had sex with your husband, knowing that cops from Alaska to Arkansas have seen video of it? I have. And when I've met some of the cops while out in daily life, they have blushed bright red. So I know it's true.

  The first hint of my life being videotaped came from laughing head himself. One day the head watching in the window became two heads. With a square black object held in front of one, a bit far away to tell for sure at the time. But later I would know my suspicions were spot on.

  At the time, all I knew for sure is that every moment of my life was being monitored. Sitka being a small town, it's hard not to run into a cop in your everyday life. But seeing as I knew unauthorized psychological experiments were being conducted on me, the chief of police was taking an inordinate amount of interest in my shopping habits, and my home itself was ground zero for observation, I went with the theory that other happenings weren't so much happenstance.

  I suspected that the two ladies running through the woods while Isaac and I took our walk were there for more than just the fresh air. And the jerky guy who always jogged up silently behind me so close he nearly brushed my shoulder, despite the path being four feet wide, then exhaled extremely loud in my ear - making me yelp - was most likely a cop too. That and most times at restaurants I could detect someone nearby trying to act as if they didn't know me or weren't listening - but obviously were.

  One day while walking Sarge down the gravel hill, I stopped. Did they watch all people who were abused as a child this closely? I doubted it. It would be impossible. It was obvious they had predetermined in their minds what I was like based solely on what other people had done to me as a child. I was being treated like a criminal. I knew then I was going to be the most watched person in history. What a waste of time, resources and money.

  Our Constitutional rights to privacy are a huge concern in modern life. I can tell you from personal experience what it feels like. When it goes on and on and on without stopping for ten years like it has us, you second-guess every move you make. What does it look like to other people? What do they think? How much of the videos have they seen?

  So if you are thinking after reading the first six posts, how can she bare so much of her life? It's because it already has been. I have nothing to hide. And they know it. They have the videos to prove it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for reading this blog.